Instructions for Presenters
Here is some useful information to help you with your participation OH2018.
If you are a Workshop or Oral Presenter, or indeed part of a
Themed Session at the conference, you must submit your PowerPoint presentation to email@example.com by Monday 26 March 2018. Please ensure you adhere to the criteria outlined in the Presenter Instructions below before sending your presentation. It is intended to make PDF copies of all presentations available online after the conference. If you do not wish for your presentations to be listed online, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is not required, but we do suggest you use the following OH2018 Presenters Template. Presentations must not suggest commercialism or be considered a sales pitch of any kind.
Speakers should read the full instructions below:
Scientific Poster Presenters
Poster presenters should ensure that their posters are made to A0 size in portrait layout (1189 mm high x 841 mm wide) printed on paper. Font size should be sufficient to be read at a distance of at least 1 metre (minimum font height 5 mm). Please ensure that your poster is printed on paper material.
- Posters should be set up and on display by 08.00 on Tuesday 17 April 2018 – fixing materials for your poster will be provided
- The poster display area will be in the Exhibition Area.
- Poster sessions will take place during all refreshment and lunch breaks, with delegates being encouraged to visit the poster session during each break. There will also be an extended viewing session during the Tuesday lunch break. Poster authors should be present during these times to discuss their research with interested parties.
- Posters are required to be on display for the duration of the conference. If you are unable to attend the full conference, please let us know and we will arrange for the safe and secure disposal of your poster at the end of the conference.
- A4 copies of the poster for delegates to take are useful, if you will be providing these please bring them in a holding pouch so they can be displayed with the poster
BOHS advises that we only support PowerPoint (PPT) for presentations. Please do not bring any other presentation formats as these may not be compatible.
Technical, Workshop, and Themed Session presenters are required to use the computers provided on-site by iSTEAD. These are Windows-based PCs running Windows 10 and using PowerPoint 365.
If you intend to use a Mac computer, you will need to bring your own computer and correct Mac adapter in order to run your presentation off it.
Full details of projection facilities can be found here.If you are unable to present at the conference due to unforeseen circumstances, please contact Rachel Sipson, as soon as possible, on +44 (0) 1332 250 713 or email email@example.com.