Diploma of Professional Competence in Occupational Hygiene, One Day Taster
09:00 - 17:00
April 16, 2018
Led by: Mike Slater, Diamond Environmental Ltd
Mike Slater is a Chartered Occupational Hygienist, with extensive experience in providing practical advice and training on the assessment, management and control of hazardous substances; physical hazards (particularly noise, vibration and heat); and ergonomic risks. He is an active member of the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS), the Chartered Society for Worker Health Protection, serving on their governing Council since 2007. He was the BOHS President for 2014/15, and is the recipient of the 2017 Peter Isaac Award, which recognises a significant and valuable contribution by an individual to the reduction of ill-health at work.
An experienced trainer, Mike regularly lectures on professional, industrial and university courses. He is an Honorary Lecturer in Occupational Hygiene at the University of Manchester.
The seminar is aimed at Licentiate Members of the Faculty who are preparing to obtain the BOHS Diploma . The principal objectives of the day are to:
– Provide an introduction to the Diploma PEP and Research Essay
– Provide an introduction to the format of the oral examination – i.e. the makeup of the panel, exam duration, how questions are asked, topics covered
– Discuss example questions and approaches to answering them
Attendee Experience Criteria:
Attendees should normally have comprehensive professional experience within the field of occupational hygiene, and already hold the BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence (CertOH/iCertOH) or hold a BOHS accredited postgraduate qualification.
On completion of the course attendees will
- Understand the examination requirements
- Understand the oral examination procedure
- Be better prepared to answer oral examination questions
« Back to previous page